It was a simple case of a trip to the supermarket, or using up vegetables from the fridge, well the fridge won and the result was a delicious veggie chilli.
A vegetable chilli with fresh garden vegetables and crunchy peanut butter to give a satay flavour.
- Garlic - 2 cloves, sliced thinly
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Carrot - 1 carrot
- Runner Beans - 6 -7 beans sliced thnly
- French Beans - 6 -7 beans sliced thinly
- Courgette - 1/2 courgette diced
- Mushroom - 1 flat mushroom diced
- Crunchy peanut butter - 3 dessert spoonfuls
- Chilli - 1 diced
- Water - 1 teacup
- Sea Salt - Pinch
- Black Pepper - A good few grinds on the pepper mill
- Sunflower oil - A good glut
- Bomba Tomato puree - A squeeze
Finely dice all of the vegetables and finely slice the garlic.
Saute the vegetables over a low heat.
Once they soften, add the peanut butter, the water and the tomato puree.
Season to taste.
Serve on a bed of rice and enjoy every mouthful.
Feel free to substitute/add/remove any veg, this is a wonderful flavoursome way to use up tired veg!